February’s #Extraordinary40 challenge was to consciously make ten deposits into our “Spiritual Bank Accounts” (read post here). Imagine my surprise when in an attempt to connect to whatever is out there that is bigger than me I ended up discovering a bunch of new things about, well, me.
- Trying to notice how we are all interconnected can feel isolating. This month has had big emotional ups and downs.
- I discovered that I am becoming a community leader. I honestly hadn’t noticed or given myself credit until I expanded my awareness to bigger picture stuff. Surprise!
- Junk food is harder to consume when you imagine where it came from.
- You can practice non-attachment everyday and still feel disappointed that you didn’t book that job.
- I had a date with the Full Moon and it turns out we’re a love match. Where has she been all my life?
- A new mantra has emerged. “Experience. Wisdom. Abundance.” You know I’m getting all sexy with candles, incense and my new mantra!
- Sometimes it’s easier to watch three or four episodes of Once Upon A Time and fantasize about Captain Hook than to read that fabulous new spiritual book you bought.
- Having a full Spiritual Bank Account does not eliminate sadness, disappointment and loneliness, but it helps.
- Alone is a powerful positive choice. Lonely is a result of not making powerful and positive choices.
- Self Love has been a huge theme for me this month. Putting my focus outward and onto the universe showed me that I am a whole universe myself and that I need more gentle care, tenderness and cherishing. I discovered that I deserve no less than what I give so denying or depriving myself is an act against the collective. Or, to put it in positive terms, when I treat myself with love and respect and truly value the gifts that I have and the gift that I am, I have more to give; there is no withholding, only true devotion to all of us.
It’s not too late to get your #Spiritual deposits going and to tweet them to @projectwomen and @jameyhood. Please use #ex40 (I know, I simplified the hashtag because it was too long and half the time i misspell the word extraordinary!)
Next month… Spring is on its way; can your closet even handle what I want to do to it? We’ll find out in March.
Artwork by: Marlies Plank